I received my undergraduate degree at Washington and Lee University in 1994, a master's degree from the University of Edinburgh in 1995, and my Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh in 2002. Since 2002, I have taught at the University of Kansas and have served in various administrative roles including department chair and president of the University Senate.
- Ethics (introductory and advanced)
- The ethics of scientific research
- Rational Choice Theory
- Consequentialist moral theories
- The utilitarianism of John Stuart Mill
- The role of moral reasoning in judicial decision-making